December 2, 2012

Sheep to Sweater Sunday n° 124 : " This Week's Spinning"

De la Toison au Tricot n° 124 : "Filage de la semaine"

 
It's true that I'm really busy with outside chores right now.
That being said, there's always a little time for spinning !

For the past few weeks, I've been spinning some of the alpaca that I had combed last year.
And what beautiful colors : rose grey, silver grey, and dark grey !
I've spun this lovely fiber quite fine for a some lace shawls that I want to make.
Essentially, I have 450 meters for 100 grams of 2 ply yarn.

... to be continued ...

C’est vrai qu’en ce moment je suis très prise avec du travail à l’extérieur.
Pourtant, un peu de filage s’impose, quand-même !

Depuis quelques semaines, je file l’alpaga que j’ai préparé l’année dernière.
Des couleurs exquises : un gris rose, un gris argenté, et un gris foncé.
Cette belle fibre a été filée particulièrement fine pour réaliser quelques châles en dentelle.
Effectivement, avec un fil à 2 brins j’ai 450 mètres pour un écheveau de 100 g.   

... à suivre ...

3 comments:

Jody said...

Lovely Diane.
I just finished spinning about 350 grams of 3 ply Rose Grey Alpaca from my stash :-)

Diane said...

Oh that Rose Grey is too pretty.
350 g ??? WOW!
I love spinning alpaca for lace ... BUT it takes forever .... hours and hours to spin a skein.
That said, the results are worth it.

Jody said...

When I spin , I try to prep and spin almost en entire fleece at a time. Then I have it in my stash if I need it :-) Yes it does take time but I try to spin some every day.

Thank you for visiting the Spinning Shepherd!