April 5, 2012

A Spinner's Dream !

De quoi faire rêver une fileuse !

Shearing time is just around the corner.
And already certains fleeces have caught the spinner's eye.
For example, Miss M's lovely fleece ...

Le moment de la tonte s’approche.
Et il y a déjà certaines toisons qui séduisent davantage la fileuse.
Par exemple, celle de Miss M. ...

... which demonstrates all the beauty of a double-coated, primitive fleece.

... qui montre toute la beauté d’une toison primitive.

At the same time this fleece has the distinctive characteristic of having white primary fibers and black secondary fibers.

En plus celle-ci a la particularité d’avoir les fibres primaires blanches et les fibres secondaires noires.

A beautiful fleece that this spinner is looking forward to working with.

Une toison de rêve que la fileuse a hâte de travailler.

6 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beautiful! Do you separate it out to spin?

Diane said...

Yes, isn't it just lovely ... I drool every time I go into the field.
Most likely I'll try a few different things. I have solid black, so I don't really see the point of going for solid black with this fleece. I think I'd like to spin the white and black together ... kind of a heathery, tweedy yarn. I don't know though ... I think it will require a bit of thought and some experimentation.
In the mean time, I'll keep drooling !

fale artut said...

Just Lovely! As our Värmlandsfår, and I have a lot! Happy spinning!

Jody said...

Hi Diane,
Are you going to card it? If you comb it will the two coats separate?

Diane said...

Hi Jody. Well, I think I might end up using cards ... although, I have noticed that combing doesn't necessarily mean that you separate the inner and outer coats ... you just have to pull it off the combs differently.
At any rate, I think that I'm going to have to play around with this fleece a bit. I rather like looking at each fleece for what it is, then figure out what it wants to be. I would like a tweedy heathery yarn ... that would be quite special, just like Miss M. !

Diane said...

Thank you fale artut. I would love to know more about your Värmlandsfår sheep and fleeces. They are just stunning. Yes, I have a weakness for a lovely primitive fleece.

Thank you for visiting the Spinning Shepherd!