January 29, 2012

Sheep to Sweater Sunday n° 88 : " Fugue Beret, n° 1 "

De la Toison au Tricot n° 88 : " Le Béret Fugue, n̊ 1 "

I wanted to make something really nice with Chti and Biche's (Lutins du Montana) beautiful wool.
And what could be more lovely than « Fugue », a beautiful beret designed by Kate Davies.
This week I cast on and started knitting this little beauty.

Je voulais vraiment faire quelque chose de joli avec la belle laine de Chti et Biche (Lutins du Montana).
Et quoi de plus joli que « Fugue », un beau béret de Kate Davies.
Cette semaine j’ai monté les mailles et commencé cette petite merveille.

I really like this pattern : particularly the beautiful knitted braid.

J’aime bien ce modèle : surtout le beau galon tricoté.

It's the first time that I've ever made a knitted braid.
I think it's quite pretty ... and it's really not that difficult either.
... to be continued ...

C’est la première fois que j’ai fait un galon tricoté.
Je le trouve très joli ... en plus ce n’est pas très difficile à réaliser.

... à suivre ...

2 comments:

Jody said...

Oh that is a gorgeous hat. Do you have enough wool to knit the matching mittens?

Diane said...

Thanks Jody!
This is turning out pretty nicely.
I have plenty of yarn for the mittens ... BUT I'm not sure I'f I'll make them or not ... haven't decided. At this point I'm thinking about doing another béret but reverse the colors. I usually don't wear mittens ... so it's a bit hard for me to get too excited about them ... but who knows ... it's a possibility!

Thank you for visiting the Spinning Shepherd!