November 30, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas !

Noël se prépare !

This week I combed some alpaca ...

I started with the lovely blanket of Lord Irving from Bay Springs Farm, a very light silver grey show fleece.

Cette semaine j’ai peigné de l’alpaga ...

J’ai commencé avec la belle “couverture” de Lord Irving de Bay Springs Farm. C’est une toison alpaga primée en concours de couleur grise argentée très claire.


Then ... I added some medium silver grey and some black alpaca from Jody.

Puis ... il faut y ajouter de l’alpaga gris argenté plus foncé et de l’alpaga noir de Jody.

Such lovely shades of grey !

Finally, light rose grey alpaca from Jody along with some darker rose grey.

C’est superbe, ce beau dégradé !

Finalement .... l’alpaga gris rosé (clair) de Jody et l’alpaga gris rosé (foncé).

Lots of alpaca ... ready to spin !

Plein d’alpaga ... prêt à filer !

2 comments:

Jody said...

HI Diane,
I will love to see my alpaca spun by you!
I have so much amazing Cria in my stash that I can't wait to get to. At this moment I am spinning my rose grey Polwarth and combing light grey and dark brown Corriedale to spin after the Polwarth is done. Then my champagne coloured Bond...then 3 colours of Cormo, them more brown Polwarth and Finn/GotlandX. OMG....I just read that my Cormo source is shearing in February. Why am I still tempted??? I need help!!

Diane said...

Hi Jody. Well I won't be spinning this until after the first of the year. I'm tempted to try singles for lace ... either that or spin a VERY fine 2 ply for lace shawls. I few people will be getting very later xmas presents!

Thank you for visiting the Spinning Shepherd!